March 14, 2011
SAVE THE DATE for the fifth annual Mirror Awards luncheon ceremony honoring excellence in media industry reporting. The luncheon will be held Tuesday, June 7, from 11:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at The Plaza Hotel, Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City. Lorraine E. Branham, dean of Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, which sponsors the awards, will host the event. Information about sponsorhip opportunities and registration are available online.
The Mirror Awards luncheon ceremony will include the presentation of juried awards in seven categories:
· Best Single Article, Traditional Media
· Best Single Article, Digital Media
· Best Profile, Traditional Media
· Best Profile, Digital Media
· Best Commentary, Traditional Media
· Best Commentary, Digital Media
· Best In-Depth Piece, Traditional Media
In addition, two special awards–the Fred Dressler Achievement Award and the i-3 award for impact, innovation and influence–will be presented.
The Mirror Awards, established by the Newhouse School in 2006, honor the reporters, editors and teams of writers who hold a mirror to their own industry for the public’s benefit.