Entry Deadline Extended to Feb. 9
Entries for the third annual Mirror Awards will be accepted through Monday, Feb. 9 (postmark date). This year’s competition includes new categories for digital media. There is no fee to enter.
This year’s awards categories include:
- Best Single Article, Traditional Media
- Best Single Article, Digital Media
- Best Profile, Traditional Media
- Best Profile, Digital Media
- Best Commentary, Traditional Media
- Best Commentary, Digital Media
- Best In-Depth Piece, Traditional Media
- Best In-Depth Piece, Digital Media
- People’s Choice
All entries must have been published or broadcast between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2008.
Entries are evaluated based on three criteria: Excellence of craft; framing of the issue; and appropriateness for the intended audience. Winners are chosen by a group of journalists and journalism educators.