Entries being accepted in the fifth annual Mirror Awards competition
Entries are now being accepted for the fifth annual Mirror Awards. Application deadline is Feb. 10, 2011. There is no fee to enter.
This year’s awards categories include:
- Best Single Article, Traditional Media
- Best Single Article, Digital Media
- Best Profile, Traditional Media
- Best Profile, Digital Media
- Best Commentary, Traditional Media
- Best Commentary, Digital Media (including blogs)
- Best In-Depth Piece, Traditional Media
All entries must have been published or broadcast between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2010. Entries are evaluated based on three criteria: excellence of craft; framing of the issue; and appropriateness for the intended audience. Winners are chosen by a group of journalists and journalism educators.
The Mirror Awards, established by the Newhouse School in 2006, honor the reporters, editors and teams of writers who hold a mirror to their own industry for the public’s benefit. Honorees are recognized for news judgment and command of craft in reporting, analysis and commentary on developments in the media industry and its role in our economy, culture and democracy.