CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2015 Mirror Awards
Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications is now accepting nominations for the ninth annual Mirror Awards honoring excellence in media industry reporting. The deadline is Feb. 15, 2015. Anyone may nominate, and there is no fee to enter.
Award categories include:
- Best Single Article – Traditional/Legacy Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Single Article – Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Single Story – Radio, Television, Cable or Online Broadcast Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Profile – Traditional/Legacy or Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Commentary – Traditional/Legacy or Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- John M. Higgins Award for Best In-Depth/Enterprise Reporting ($5,000 prize)
Established by the Newhouse School in 2006, the Mirror Awards honor the reporters, editors and teams of writers who “hold a mirror to their own industry” for the public’s benefit. They are the most important awards for recognizing excellence in media industry reporting.
The competition is open to anyone who conducts reporting, commentary or criticism of the media industries in a format intended for a mass audience. Eligible work includes print, broadcast and online editorial content focusing on the development or distribution of news and entertainment. All entries must have been published or broadcast between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2014.
Entries are evaluated based on three criteria: Excellence of craft; framing of the issue; and appropriateness for the intended audience. Winners are chosen by a group of journalists and journalism educators. An awards ceremony will be held in June 2015 in New York City.
For more information, contact Sarah Hope at 315.443.5711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.