Best Single Article/Story
The New Yorker
- "Excellently sourced with good observations, and well written. The story is excellent material."
- "Molly Langmuir does an excellent job of telling [Mayer’s] backstory, from her family history to her dognapping escapades. There's enough reporting around the core interview to flesh her out as a character and illuminate her technique."
Columbia Journalism Review and the Economic Hardship Reporting Project
- "This is true commentary bolstered by facts, figures and anecdotes; a very powerful essay."
John M. Higgins Award for
Best In-Depth/Enterprise Reporting
- "This is such an important topic and such a powerfully told story… an outstanding illustration of the power of the digital press."
Best Story on Media Coverage of the Trump Impeachment
The Washington Post
- "Good reporting, solid writing, great perspective… fine column making important points, uniquely in her voice."
Best Story on the Future of Journalism
- "[Cunningham] does a great job of capturing a sense of place as well as a problem many newspapers face and will face in the future… smoothly written, entertaining."